Active Summer Fun 2015
Active Summer Fun is an exciting new campaign for 2015 that aims to support more disabled people to find fun ways to be active during the warmer months.
The English Federation of Disability Sport (EFDS) and the National Disability Sport Organisations (NDSOs) created the campaign to support disabled people to find out and play out. Supported by Sport England, Active Summer Fun will help you to find the best information, ideal activities as well as the right people and organisations that can support you to be more active.
And long after the summer is over, lots of organisations will continue to work together to encourage everyone to be active together.
This is not about becoming a superstar athlete. Most of us don't want to be one! Sometimes what stops us being more active is not knowing where to start or what activity to choose.
Active Summer Fun is about supporting you to find out what sports and activity opportunities are out there, so you can take part and play out this summer. Remember, sport and exercise isn’t something you have to do alone. With friends and family it can be much more fun.
No matter what the weather brings this summer, being active indoors or outdoors can be great fun. And when it’s fun, we are more likely to carry on being active too. As well as helping us be happy and healthy, being active is a great social activity. It can help you meet people, make friends and give your sense of well-being a big boost.
Let EFDS and the NDSOs support you to find something you want to do and have lots of active summer fun!
Active Summer Fun will help you to find the best information, ideal activities as well as the right people and organisations that can support you to be more active.
The summer event calendar is jam-packed with lots of fun opportunities for disabled people. Take part, play out and enjoy being active with your friends and family this summer.
Sport and activity providers
We want as many providers as possible to promote their Active Summer Fun for disabled people.
- Add your summer participation opportunity to the events calendar.
- If you are running sessions or campaigns during July, August and September, we can add it to the downloadable calendar document.
- Follow and join in the conversation at #ActiveSummerFun
- Share your sport stories by emailing Courtney Perks on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 228 2868
Downloads and alternative formats
- For information in an audio format, download the audio file here.
- To download the Easyread information, follow this link.
- Download the campaign poster and share the Active Summer Fun here.
Photo credits: Leaderboard for England Golf.