Adapted Sports Course - Coaching Disabled People - Bath
- 4 July
- £130 + eventbrite fee
- Bath Pavilion, Bath, BA2 4EU
This course is ideal for coaches, teachers, volunteers and anyone working with disabled people who is or would like to be able to support disabled people to take part in sport.
Taking place on Wednesday 4th July 2018 from 10am - 4pm, the course is a practical course including:
- Practical experience of Paralympic and adapted sports such as Boccia, Goalball, Table Cricket, Polybat and New Age Kurlings, including setting up and using the equipment, rules, game tactics and coaching scenarios.
- Principals of how to adapt and modify activities for different impairment groups with practical scenarios and tasks.
- Activity planning, introducing activities and leading sessions.
- How to prepare participants for activities, observation and feedback, reflection and evaluation of sessions.
"Absolutely amazing course - I feel so inspired to put my learning into practice!" - Zenovia - Support Worker, George Shearing Youth Centre