Sign-up for a Get Yourself Active learning event near you
Disability Rights UK and partners are holding a series of events across the country to share the learning from the Get Yourself Active (GYA) project. Project partners will share their experiences of developing better opportunities for disabled people to be more active. They will highlight their success through partnership work with disabled people's user led organisations, social care, health and sport sector organisations. If this is your area of work, you can sign up for an event near you today.
Get Yourself Active is a partnership led by Disability Rights UK, funded by Sport England and delivered by Leicester Centre for Integrated Living, Cheshire Centre for Independent Living, Inspire Peterborough, Disability Equality North West, Active Independence and Disability Sheffield Centre for Independent Living. These partners work with the health, social care and sports sectors to develop better opportunities for disabled people to get active.
These events are for you if you are from these sectors. You may have an interest in early intervention and prevention approaches through physical activity, personalisation, co-production and involvement and wellbeing outcomes.
- Listen to presentations from GYA partners about their experience of coproducing with and for disabled people.
- Learn about our key findings from evaluation and research carried out in partnership with OPM and the University of Birmingham.
- Discuss how you might be involved in developing these approaches locally with colleagues from different sectors.
Areas of interest
- Personal budgets, personal health budgets and the Care Act
- Coproduction in design, development and delivery of physical activity and sport locally
- The role of disabled people’s user led organisations in engaging with inactive disabled people
- Outcomes of physical activity around independence, choice and control, health and wellbeing and community connections
North West, Manchester- 27 September 2017, 09.30 – 13.30
East- Peterborough, 2 October 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
Yorkshire- Leeds, 9 October 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
South West- Bristol, 10 October 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
South East- Southampton, 17 October 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
East Midlands- Leicester, 2 November 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
North East- Newcastle Upon Tyne, 9 November 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
West Midlands- Telford, 15 November 2017, 10.00 – 14.00