National Governing Bodies of sport
EFDS works with a number of National Governing Bodies of sport (NGBs). The support enables NGBs to enhance, improve or change their programmes for disabled people and increase participation.
Using our wider understanding of participation growth, we provide tailored support to specific NGB needs and their resource capacity. We are working with a number of other NGBs to increase opportunities for disabled people.
Our experience of working with NGBs and other key delivery partners at national and local level has enabled us to develop a more open approach with sport plans.
Our knowledge across many sectors means we can help NGBs to:
- Understand disabled people through research and insight. As well as collating our own, we can conduct or support NGB research.
- Engage with local sports deliverers– in particular, the County Sports Partnerships.
- Understand and work with the disability and voluntary sector, especially their networks or groups, to reach more disabled people.
- Support wider engagement through the National Disability Sports Organisations regarding specific impairment groups.
- Draw upon the wider knowledge, capacity and commitment of other key organisations in addition to individuals for their expertise.
- Ensure maximum integration and alignment with other National Partners.
- Support the delivery of Whole Sport Plans to include disabled people.
- Develop resources, programmes and initiatives to support disabled people to have a positive and memorable experience of sport.
- Provide marketing communications advice and resources to maximise NGB opportunities for disabled people. In particular, NGBs access our inclusive and accessible communications guidance.